Friday, February 15, 2008

Like Hell

So, my bones ache down into their very core. Two days ago I spent less than three hours helping a friend pack her books and some othe stuff. I don't remember lifting a lot of boxes, but my muscles feel as if they had a work out. I bet if that doctor on Oprah got a hold of me, he'd say I had the body of a 70-year old. Actually, it would probably be closer to 80 seeing as my friend's sister was the one who actually lifted all the boxes I packed to store them in the garage. I remember advising her that one was particularly heavy - it was full of hard backs - and she said it weighed nothing compared to what she herself had packed earlier. She whizzed past me carrying box after box from bedroom to garage. This woman is 68 years old, and a smoker.
Today, I walked to the mailbox, the far one, near the post office, in an affort to resume my daily walking habit. I feel like hell.

No comments: