Thursday, October 9, 2008

And that'll be your #1 grandson, thank you very much!

I'm the one who takes the car in for oil changes, the husband couldn't be bothered. Me? I'm like a religious fanatic when it comes to car maintenance, at least as long as the car is still under warranty.

The kicker is that I hate dealing with mechanics and dealerships and the like. Know ing nothing about cars, I always think I have 'sucker' stamped firmly on my forehead, so that it is true when I say , they see me coming.

Today, I worked up the energy to take 'her' (our cars are always female) to the shop. I thrust my car's paperwork at the lady and asked for the 15,000 mile special.

She punched some numbers in to the computer and, lo and behold, instead of asking for my first born grandson as payment for whatever they were going to find 'wrong' with this perfectly-running vehicle, she said, "All you need is an oil change"

Yeah right, missus! I thought to myself. Go ahead and pull the other one.

She moved the monitor around to show me where certain procedures were performed on the last service, blah de blah blah, and all I'd need was an oil change.
"And, you'll be outta here in 30 minutes," her bubbly little self proclaimed.

And, guess what? I was.

No comments: