Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The foot

The foot isin't broken. While It wasn't able to bear weight for a few days, it allowed my middle-aged body to gain weight. Curses! Of course, I wear it none-too-proudly, like a girdle. Now that I can almost fasten my walking shoe - the real pain is in the still-raw abrasion on top of the foot - I am determined to go back to walking the streets surrounding my office building.
Apparently, in an effort to make me more productive at work (okay, just plain productive) I am supposed to be on the lookout for 'something positive' that I have never seen. Iam supposed to appreciate my surroundings. I've been walking the same streets, the only things that are not constant are the new batch of fellow humans with whom I share the sidewalk. I tend to avoid my fellow humans. I fear eye contact. I fear being approached, being asked for anything. Don't ask me for directions, that is, unless you want to end up in Timbukto.
Soon the leaves will be falling, I guess that will be something new...

No comments: