Monday, September 22, 2008

Visitors

My mother always referred to them as 'visitors'. You know, anyone outside the family who came to visit. Well, on Thursday I'm having Visitors. What makes this lot particularly un-appealing is their rotten 3-year old boy. The family is lovely, even the little lad -quite lovely. His 11-month old sister - lovely. It's just that there haven't been any small kids in our house in years, and this child has crazy ADDH, and we have a pool. Add to that the fact that he, by his father's admission, is the pickiest eater in the universe and that dinner, for him, can take up to 2 hours with his parents pleading with him to take just one bite. I cringe in anticipation.
Yet, being my mother's daughter, I will try to prepare an assortment of food for the wee lad and cater to his tastes, all the while, fixing fabulous grilled lamb cutlets and filet mignon for the adults in the party. And, of course, I should keep the eyes in the back of my head fixed on the pool.

Oh, and before they ever set foot on my doorstep, there's the cleaning to be done. Got to go. Bye!

No comments: