Friday, September 26, 2008

Joy

I had forgotton what it was like. The wild-eyed enthusiasm of a 3-yr old can't be beaten. All the questions. No sooner has one been answered than another one follows. Non-stop it was, last night. Non stop. I'm not complaining. I'm still in awe. Completely guileless, perfectly innocent, not yet ruined by TV, school or adults, the little fellow took me on a walk around my own house, examining the masks. Who is that? Where is it from? Is it heavy? Could I carry it? Can I touch it?
We did the tour three times. On the final tour, another Auntie accompanied us. He shared his newfound information with her. "This one is a King. See his crown."
We ended the evening over cheesecake, or, rather, me watching him put it away like noone's business. All is right with the world.

No comments: